There are a variety of assessments schools can use to determine what your child's needs are and how best to meet those needs

If you need help understanding your child's assessments or using them to successfully advocate for your child, call Michelle at 626-627-2596 or click to contact her by email:

•     Psycho-educational assessment by a school psychologist - A variety of tests to determine education issues
                    •Cognitive:     Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC)
                                                          Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Cognitive Abilities
                                             Cognitive Assessment System (CAS)

                •Academic:     Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement (KTEA)
                                              Peabody Individual Achievement Test
                                              Wechsler Individual Achievement Test

                 •Auditory Processing: Test of Auditory Processing (TAPS)

                                                                                    Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP)

                  •Visual Processing: Developmental Test of Visual Processing
                  •Attention: Test of Everyday Attention

                                            Neuropsychological Assessment of Attention
                  •Social: Social Skills Rating System

                                     Social Emotional Skills Rating Scales

•Speech/Language Assessments by a Speech Pathologist

                                         Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals
                                         Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language


                                          Oral & Written Language Scales

•Fine Motor/Sensory Processing Assessment by an Occupational Therapist
•Vocational Skills by a School Psychologist

•Educationally Related Mental Health Services by a Behavioral Specialist: ERMHS/ERICS

Understanding Educational Assessments

Based on the issues you are noticing with your child, you can request that the school conduct any one or all of the assessments listed above.